Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Second After.....

In this entertaining apocalyptic thriller from Forstchen, A high altitude nuclear bomb of uncertain origin explodes, unleashing a deadly electromagnetic pulse that instantly disables almost every electrical device in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world. Airplanes, most cars, cellphones, refrigerators-all are fried as the country plunges into literal and metaphoric darkness. History John Matherson , who lives with his 2 daughters in a small North Carolina town, soon figures out what has happened. Aided by local officials, Matherson begins to deal with such long-term effects of the disaster as starvation, disease, and roving gangs of barbarians.

I read this book a couple of months ago, and I am still thinking about it. This book was really good. It really makes you think about something that could really happen. We just are not prepared. I don't think we could ever be prepared enough, but we should be making a better go at it.
I think everyone should read this book. I know I will be reading it again at some point.
Have you read it?
We talk about this book alot in our office. It's really a scary crazy thing....I cannot stress enough that I think you should read it. With this being October, and everyone wants a little chill, this book will bring on the chill....
It's doesn't have zoombies, or anything like that. It really is a veiw of what would really happen if an EMP would strike. Let me just say I hope I never live to see it.

No comments: