Saturday, October 2, 2010

Coastfest 2010

I took Noah & Jackson to Coastfest 2010. I had never been to Coastfest before, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a really nice festival. It doesn't cost anything to ride the train, or to get in, or to do any of the activities. The only thing that costs anything is if you decide to eat while you are there. And with that being said I have to say the cost of food was okay. I will be going again next year, and I will be dragging the king. He doesn't love festivals, but I think he would like this one....
The boys had to stick their heads in every hole, for pictures....LOL







There was magic tricks....
There were exhibits that you could really get involved with....The boys loved this hat. Noah was a nice solider...
While Jackson was in attack mode...LOL

This giant alligator was awesome....

The boys really liked this Indian. He showed them his weapons, and agreed to a photo.

Then we had to go get face tattoos...Noah wanted a scary snake...
Jackson wanted a scary turtle...are turtle scary? Well this one is...

Then we went and planted surprise flowers. The surprise is the leader didn't know if she was giving us seed for sunflowers or wild flowers...LOL
The boys loved the National Guard exhibit.....

The life vest is really for an adult, but you know how it is we had to try it on....LOL
This is a stuffed turtle. I know gross, but the boys thought it was COOL...
We had to pet the snakes.

Then we had to pet every single dead stuffed animal, and ask the ladies at the table to name each one...LOL
This bat was so gross, I had to take a picture...
Petting more snakes, because you can't just pet one...LOL
Is this a scary turtle?
No....He's just a regular turtle...
We had to pet the alligator, because standing beside the dead one wasn't dangerous enough..
I thought about having the boys lay their head in this and take a picture, but I was afraid they would break it....LOL
This was a touch tank that UGA set up. It was awesome..We spent alot of time playing with these animals...




While we were waiting for the jeep train the boys played on the Coast Guard boat.

The boys had a great time at Coastfest. I can't wait to see what their Scout Coastfest patch looks like. It was really crowded, but well worth it. See you next year!

No comments: