Friday, August 27, 2010

School has started...week wrap up...

Well today I don't really have pictures...just stories..and let me just say they are pretty good...LOL

Best story for Noah this week....

I have decided to get up earlier then everyone else, and cook breakfast. May family has really enjoyed this. Anyway, every morning Noah comes out and says...Are we having pancakes today?...I say No we are having eggs....He says okay...he gets alittle more deflated everyday... It's really quite cute..I mean he loves eggs, but only after his love affair with pancakes.
So today I got up and decided to make my youngest son's dreams come true, and made pancakes. He was over excited, but wanted to know if he could have some scrambled eggs with them...LOL of course I said yes, I mean I got a whole bunch from Amanda...So he ate 3 pancakes, and 2 scrambled eggs...He always eats best at breakfast....

Best story for Christopher this week....(I have 2)
First story...
So Christopher comes home after the first day of school, and I ask him...How was school?
He says...Meme it was good, but I don't know about the bus in the afternoon?
(reminder: Christopher hasn't been on a bus since he was really young, and I'm not sure he has ever been on a school bus as a matter of fact?)
I say....what happen?
He says....Well the driver didn't know where I lived. I kept telling her I live at 247 knight road, but she couldn't find it. She just drove around for like an hour, and couldn't find our house. So, she gave me this card for you to fill out so she will know where I live.
I say...Well how did you finally find the house?
He says....Denny took care of it.
(Denny is the next door neighbor)
I must say I was concerned, but I didn't know what to do. So I took the card, and off he went.
The next morning I tell Chris, and he says What? So I have another conversation with Christopher....
I say....Christopher was Denny on the bus the whole time?
He said....yes she was. Meme I kept telling the bus driver where I lived. She just kept going down the wrong roads.
I say...Christopher were people getting off the bus.
He said...yes but I kept telling her that it wasn't my house, or street.
I laugh....I tried not to but couldn't help myself. Chris says what's going on?
I say....Christopher can't understand why when he gets on the bus at the school it doesn't bring him straight home...So, every time the bus driver would stop he would say this isn't my stop, I live at 247 knight road....
Christopher interrupts and says...I was sitting in the back of the bus, so when she would stop I would walk up to the front and let her know this wasn't the right place. Then I would go sit down.
I laughed...I tried not too...
I sat Christopher down and explained to him how the bus works. Then everyone packed up their stuff, and set off for the day. 15 minutes later Christopher turn to me and says I hope the bus driver can find our house this afternoon. I'll give her the address card...Please say a small prayer for Christopher today....LOL

Second story....
Christopher tells me Wednesday night that some girl comes up to his desk and starts talking to him. While she is talking to him, she is asking all these questions, and twirling her hair. Then after she sits down she just kept staring at him.
I ask him...What's her name?
He said...I don't know?
I say....Is she cute?
He said...Yes.
I say...do you want to talk to her again?
He said ....yes.
So, I give him alittle lesson on what to say to her. On Thursday night he comes to me and says...She kissed me...
I say...What happened?
He says...I went over to her and said what you told me too. I said I've been thinking of you since yesterday. Could you please write your name, and number down for me so I can call you this afternoon. And guess what Meme she didn't give me her number, but her name is Rebecca, and she gave me a kiss when we were done talking.
He didn't really say to much else about this, but you know this weekend we will have to have a talk.....LOL

Best story about Kelsea....
She started a new diet this week. You do it 3 days in a row, and they break 1 day, and back on for 3....She has totally stuck with it..Way to go. Also, she had her first Hip Hop, Tap, and Jazz dance class this week. I think she really liked it. Good for her. She didn't really do anything weird...maybe next week...LOL

Best story about Lynsey (I have 2)
The first is about 'the man'...I know you have heard the term before. I mean everyone answers to 'The Man'...Well Lysney comes to me and asks if she can go to the football game Friday night.
I say...yes
She says...What's my curfew?
I say...11:45, but if you are going to be late call, but you don't have much of a window because you can't drive after midnight.
She says..Meme we really wanted to go to midnight bowling at the strike zone. It's over at 1
I say...I'm sorry 'the man' says you can't drive after midnight.
She says...I don't want to listen to 'the man'
I say...listen I don't want to listen to 'the man' either, but we all do. I mean everyday I drive on the causeway, and 'the man' says I can only go 50 but I'd like to go 80...it's just life
She says...I hate Obama
I say....When I say 'the man' I'm not always talking about Obama, sometimes its the law, or Daddy, or....whoever we have to answer to, or is in charge....
She says...I hate 'the man'
I say....get used to it...LOL

Second story...
We go to the church to pick up Christopher, and she referred to one of the boys as 'There's my tall, dark, and handsome'....LOL (I can't tell you who she said that about, but I will say this, you would agree with the description) I'm trying to get her to ask him to homecoming...what could it hurt?

Last but not least Bethany.....
I wish I had something really cute and funny, oh I do I do....
So as you know Bethany loves Andy Warhol. Well we made a deal. At night after she reads, I read to her from the Biography on Andy Warhol. She says when I read to her from this book she sees it like a movie in her head. Any way we get to a part where we find out that Andy Warhol is a homosexual...yes folks I said homosexual to my 9 year old. Then it says that it was during a time when it was difficult to be openly gay. That's when she understood what I was saying.
She said....I thought that the word homo whatever was going to be gay.
I said...yes homosexual means that you want to be with someone of the same sex...Guys love Guys, and Girls love Girls.
She said...So Andy Warhol loved boys, and he was a boy.
I said...Yes
She didn't really say to much else, we talked about some other stuff we learned.
Then she said...I wanted him to have kids.
I say...I don't know maybe he adopts later?
Then she went to bed....
At breakfast before everyone comes out she says...Meme I'm alittle upset about what we learned about Andy Warhol.
I said...You mean that he's gay.
She said...yes
I said...Bethany we saw pictures of him dressed as a woman, he said he never wanted to be an artist he wanted to be a tap dancer, he said his idol was Shirley Temple...
She said...I know I just don't know.
I said...Well some people are gay, and we just have to deal with it. Not everyone lives their life how we want them to, but that doesn't mean we can't love them, and appreciate their work.
She said...okay
I said...I don't want the fact that Andy Warhol is gay to change how much you love his work, and how much you enjoy knowing about him, and learning about him.
She said...okay
I said...We all make choices how to live our lives, and he choose to live his life differently then we do, but I still like to learn about his life, and his art, and I love to read his quotes. I think he was fantastic.
She said...me too.
I will have to have another talk with her about this over the weekend. Do you have any words of wisdom I can pass to Bethany?

1 comment:

gigi said...

I have laughed so hard reading this I actually peed my pants! You are the best Meme ever! Love you.