Thursday, January 1, 2009

13 Things about 2008

13.) Music
I have always been a lover of music. However, I found a deeper love for the following singers, and songs. Some old, and some new but when I think back onto this year this is what I will remember. Some sales guy over the phone heard music playing in the back ground and said 'You should try Eva Cassiday'. Never heard of her. Now I have all her stuff and I love love love her. Oh Michael Buble where have you been all my life. I love all your stuff. I saw you in concert this year with my BFF, and I can't wait until next time. Yes I went to see Miley Cyrus this year and it was the best night of my life when it comes to spending time with my girls. The song 'Everyday' by Maren Ord took on a whole new meaning this year.

12.) Movies
I finally saw 'Chicago' and loved it. I saw 'I am Ledgend' with Will Smith and it is so scary. I still have nightmares about it. There is just something so scary, it could happen, real about it.

11.) Books
I read 'Butterfly' by Kathryn Harvey again and loved it all over again. I also read 'The Shack' and I cried through most of it. Also I read 'Water for Elephants' I know I will read it again. I hope all these go to movies.

10.) Trips
I loved vacation at the Outer Banks, to Pennsylvania for family reunions, to Pennsylvania for class reunion, and our weekend at the R ranch.

9.) You tube
I love Dave, and I love Fred. They are so funny, and the kids love them to.

8.) Blogs
Well I love all my families blogs of course. For people who I am not friends with or related to I have to say I love (in no certain order)
My Religious Blog
The Jolly
The Meanest Mom
Normal Mormans
you should check them out.

7.) My favorite blogs from my site are



6.) Things I bought this year
My new van, and my living room furniture. I just love it.

5.) I got into the worst fight with my husband I ever had. It was really all over the new master bath. I never want that to happen again. Everything is okay now. He just told me last night 'I would live in a cardboard box with you.' It was really nice.

4.) Christopher came to live with us full time, and we got custody of Lynsey, and Kelsea.

3.)I got into the worst fight ever with my sister. We have made up, but I don't want anything like that to ever ever ever happen again.

2.)I really wanted this to be number 1 but because it is bad, and I want to end on a good note I will make it 2. We lost Laura Leigh Kirkland this year. She was my sister in law, a aunt to my children, and a friend. I really do miss her and love her. It has been really hard for our entire family. However, it breaks my heart even more to see how it as effected my children. We all loved her so, and life is so short. I know we will be with her again, and I know she is happy, and she wants us to find happiness here on earth for as long as we are here.

1.) One of the very best things that happened to me this year is Lap Band surgery. I have lost 40lbs. and I am happy with that. I will do even better in 2009. Yipee. Even if I don't fit in the concert T-Shirt I am still buying it because my goal is to be able to wear it by the end of 2009. Go Meme Go Meme.

I love you all and hope that 2009 will even be better then 2008

1 comment:

Rauscher Family said...

I am very proud of you and love you very much and I know that I don't always tell you or show it. I love your children as if they were mine and my children love your kids more than ever. Love ya. And tell Chris I love him too.