Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sweet Cabbage

There was alot of cabbage in the garden awhile back, and I made up my own sweet cabbage recipe. I made it again the other night since one of the kids requested it. Can you believe it one of the kids requested cabbage for dinner. YUMMY! I don't have the ham broth so I'm going to sub it with some other kind of broth...It was fine, but I need to remember if I don't have the honey glazed ham broth I need to had alittle more sugar, but all in all it was YUMMY!


1 red onion sliced


garlic (I use the already chopped in the fridge kind)


1 stick of butter


Honey glazed ham broth 3 large ladles (Chris had made a honey glazed ham that day)


1 large head of cabbage cored, and chopped into bite sized pieces


1 tablespoon of salt


2 tablespoons of sugar


In my large pressure cooker I melted the butter. I sauted the garlic, and onions. Then I put all the cabbage in the cooker. It filled the cooker. Then I put in the 3 ladles of Honey glazed ham broth, salt, and sugar. Then I stirred it all up really good. Then I put the pressure cooker lid on and brought it to full pressure, and cooked it for about 5 minutes.

I made this note to myself the last time I cooked it...LOL But last time I had a HUGE cabbage from the garden instead of a tiny cabbage from the store...LOL
Notes to self: We loved this stuff. We ate it for two nights. We could have used just alittle more the second night. Not to worry, I saved the broth, and I am going to cook another head of cabbage this way. I could have used any kind of broth, and I could have used less liquid at that. I'm still playing around with this. All I know is that it was sweet cabbage, and everyone ate it. In the end that's all that matters.

No comments: