Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

1 head of cabbage (cored, and chopped)
3 cups of cooked rice
3 lbs of meat (I like to mix ground beef, and ground pork)
1 large onion
garlic to taste
1 can of diced tomatoes (28 oz can)
1 large can of tomato soup
2 large can of tomato sauce
Saute the garlic, onion, and brown the meat. Cook rice separate. Boil cabbage and strain. Then mix cooked rice, meat, and cabbage together. Stir in diced tomatoes, and tomato soup. Now divide into 2 9x13 pans. In each pan pour 1 can of tomato sauce. Bake covers on 375 for 1 hour.
I served this with mashed potatoes, and rolls.

This really took me back. When I was a kid my mom would always boil the cabbage and wrap it around the raw meat mixture and bake it. To me this tasted the same, and was much faster. At first I thought this was alot, but we ate 1 whole pan on Sunday, and I saved the other pan for another night this week. The whole family loved it.
Note to self: Next time I promised Lynsey that I would take a bowl out for her before I add the tomatoes. She is not a fan of tomato sauce at all. She's so weird....but I love her. Also, when you want to take pictures use your other cookware...LOL

No comments: