Thursday, November 18, 2010

10 Years and counting.......

Well who knew that Chris and I would make it 10 years? Not to many I'm sure, but here we are 10 years together and counting......

I didn't think we were really going to get to do anything for our anniversary. I mean we talked about doing all kinds of things, but everything just sort of kept falling through. So, what we ended up doing was more perfect for us then anything else.
Chris had really no idea what any of the plans were. It was a surprise. I booked us a room in Jacksonville, Florida with a heart jacuzzi tub. We checked in on Wednesday night, and went to the Kennel Club to play poker in the Rookie tournament. Here is how the tournament works. You show up, sign up, and they give you the same amount of chips as everyone else. (free) The chips are free, but can only be used for this tournament. Anyway, everyone plays, and at the end you count your chips. If you have only been to the Poker Room 5 times or less you are considered a Rookie. You see others who aren't rookies like to play for other prizes like trophies, shirts, or cds...Anyway Chris always wanted to play real poker, and I love cards so we played against 27 other people. It was alot of fun. Guess who won the Rookie tournament?......

Me! Can you believe it? I won the first hand at our table, some in between, and the biggest pot for the last hand at our table. I had 131 chips. That's when I realized that I just won $40.00
Now once you win these chips you can either cash them out, or go to the main floor, and play. What do you think we did? We totally played poker until we took a break to eat the best sushi I ever had. They had this sushi bar there, and I now want it just thinking about it....LOL

Don't start worrying we are not going to become obsessed with poker, or gambling, but I do have to say I would like to go back....LOL I think Chris was happy that I won, but alittle sad that he didn't. In the end we cashed in all the chips, but I kept one....LOL

This is me with Aaron from Rock 105.
The next day we got up, and we went to the mall to get a new tire for the van. We did alittle shopping, and then headed across town to get me a new wedding band. The old one is to big now.

Then I had one more surprise for Chris. I took him to the Gun Gallery to rent handguns, and shoot at the shooting range.

I picked out this Smith & Wesson with .38 special.



It looks dangerous doesn't it?

I have to say I look good in the eye glasses, and head gear....
Chris isn't looking to bad himself...LOL

I think he had some kind of 45 Glock....


Are you scared yet? When I first went to shoot the gun I thought I might puke. I was so scared, and I really was chickening out. Then I thought 'Echo snap out of it. If you don't do this Chris will never let you live it down. Now put your big girl pants on and squeeze the trigger.'.....LOL

My little pep talk totally worked. I shoot three rounds, and had quite a rush.

I may look sassy in my pop art shirt, but I am dangerous!!


Here is my target's head....It's nice to know if I had to shoot something I could most likely hit the target.


Here is my target's body.....

Here is Chris' target....

Then we went back to the room, and relaxed. Then we headed over for dinner at the Olive Garden. Then we were off to Crackers for karaoke.

The locals told us it was a biker bar. I love biker bars. However, I was disappointed that this was the only biker looking guy in the whole place, and I don't think he really rode a bike to the bar?


Some cowboy came up and asked Chris if he could stare at me from across the bar...LOL Chris is like 'No that's my wife, and we have been married 10 years' I said 'Chris he can stare at me if he wants too....LOL' So he did stare at me...LOL Chris found it all really funny. Then the cowboy danced with a couple of different women before he came up to Chris and said 'Can I ask your wife to dance?' Chris said 'sure'....LOL So the guy asked me and I said 'yes'.....Chris thought the whole thing was so funny. We were having a good time...when we meet these people....


They were our biggest fans for the evening.

We were really having a good time when the DJ came and told us that the karaoke stopped at 11:30...we were confused because the hotel called earlier in the day to see what the time for karaoke was, and they were told it was from 9pm to close. However, come to find out the day shift person was wrong. We asked if we could pay a fee to have him stay. He informed it that the owner wouldn't allow it. Don't you find this just strange. We like your karaoke anyway stranger.

One last thing before I go. So, when I told Bethany we were going to the dog track to play poker she asked if we would bet on a dog. I said I just might pick out the best name and make a bet. She said if there is a dog named Orlando pick that one it will win, or just call me and tell me the names and I will tell you which one is the winner, you know I'm psychic.....LOL


So, I buy the dog racing book, and look it over. There wasn't any Orlando's, and we were busy so we didn't bet. However, I really like the dog named Cheeky Puppy. So at the end of the night I went to see if Cheeky Puppy won. Nope he didn't, but I do remember which number did. So, when I get home I ask Bethany to read over this race and tell me what you think. She reads them all out loud and then says 'I would pick number 3' (the name escapes my mind right now) I said are you sure? She said yes. I was floored she totally picked the winner.....maybe she is psychic....LOL

1 comment:

gigi said...

What a fun anniversary, yall really know how to party!